Thursday, July 2, 2009

Canada Day and chicken curry

So Canada Day here in Iqaluit was...small. Haha. Being used to the parades in Barrie and Toronto that take from half an hour plus, this one was maybe 2 minutes. I'm not even kidding. It was a sad parade at that. I understand that people tried their best for it, but it's not like any other parade that I've ever been too. People don't throw candy and crap for the kids, there's no music...it's just city trucks, fire/ambulance vehicles and there was one scooter with a side car. One person didn't even bother to wash their truck, HA! I actually got to watch the parade from my living room window, that was convenient. Over all it was nice Canada Day. My post master and I walked to the falls, it was sushiney fun had by all. I even made a midget inukshuk! It was a 2 hour walk there and back, we were dead tired when we got back that's for sure.

And when it comes to dinner after a hard days work we both want something tastey and relatively easy to make and clean up. I had made chicken curry once before, SO GOOD. So I'm making it again. I used this recipe http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/spice-it-up-chicken-88876.aspx and then just added extra stuff that I wanted.

I added in peppers, jalapenos (extra spicccccey), chili powder, cubed potatoes. The first time I made this I prepared everything and popped it all in the slow cooker...it wasn't heating up fast enough..sooo into a stock pot it went.

Then it burnt a little. Oops. But still delicious! Mmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment